Friday, February 26, 2016

Malaysia

I never new Chinese New Year was such a huge celebration.  I guess I must have been living under a rock.  We had a huge day-celebration at school with lots of food, performances, and dancing dragons.

We also celebrated CNY by enjoying a four day break from school.  So, I decided this was a perfect time to get out of Indonesia and explore more of SE Asia. :)

I have a friend who lives in Kuala Lumpur (who is a teacher as well) so I decided to go visit her!

It was a great cultural experience--but my FAVOURITE part was eating American food like PAPA JOHNS (gasp!), pretzels, and even TGI Fridays!

We spent the weekend laying by a city-view infinity pool, going out, eating sate, and venturing two hours to a beach on the coast. All in all it was a good vacation. :)

Here are some pics I took of my trip:

CNY celebrations

Fresh Chinese lunch! mmmm :)

What else do you need for a plane ride?

Just the cutest welcome sign :)

Infinity pool on the roof.  Breathtaking!



Caught a little too much of the sun at Port Dickson

"Xtreme" boat ride

Local transportation takes 100x longer than anything else

Chinatown in Kuala Lumpur on Chinese New Year!







That's all I have for Malaysia!  I had a great time in Kuala Lumpur and Port Dickson.  Just another country to check off the list. :)

Stay tuned for: Gili Islands

xoxo
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts or questions!