Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Thailand

Let me preface this by saying I do not have many pictures of this trip.  I got my phone stolen my second day in Bangkok, then accidentally wiped all my new phone's pictures off by "restoring" when connecting it to iTunes. But! I was able to grab some pictures from social media that I had already uploaded, so things worked out!

Having the most wonderful job I do, I was given a month's vacation from the middle of December to the middle of January.  I made the decision to get out of Indonesia and explore a little more of Southeast Asia!  First stop-Thailand.




I flew into Bangkok where I spent three days.  I stayed at "D Hostel" and it was sooooooo nice (aside from the seven flights of steep stairs I had to take to get to my room).  I would definitely recommend it for anyone who is looking for a cheap, clean and friendly place to stay in the city!

The city was dressed up in its nicest decor for the holidays.  The streets were full of glittering lights and oversized pictures of their prime minister.  I enjoyed my time here.

HOWEVER, I did have my iphone stolen when I was eating dinner at a street market. To be fair, it was extremely broken and gave me a great excuse to by a new and improved one. Who said you can't treat yourself to a little Christmas present? :)

 Here are some pictures I was able to recover:

Khao San Road, Bangkok, Thailand
Pad Thai.  One of the most delicious meals I've ever had!!


A temple in the middle of a bustling city. Props to anybody who can find meditation here.

The CRAZIEST tuk tuk ride of my life.  I thought the whole car was going to tip over!  Living in SE Asia has definitely helped with my driving control issues.


Thailand is a very colorful country.

Offerings in a cute little shop where I bought a travel bag!

Asia knows how to build breathtaking malls.



After three days in Bangkok, I headed down to Phuket island.  This was by far the most beautiful and my favorite part of my Thailand trip.

How about that ride in?

First stop-beach!

Patong Beach

We wasted NO time finding a pizza place. :) We may have stopped back here at about 3am the next morning...

Where we discovered Mai Thais.  Life will never be the same!

Nasi Goreng in a delicious pineapple!  Street food and live music - a perfect Christmas Eve!


Christmas Day 2015 - Krabi beach

The view I had while eating lunch.  PERFECT.


Merry Christmas!

  I was able to spend a little over a week in Thailand before hopping on a (few) flights to New Zealand!  Stay tuned--I'll be sharing some pictures of that adventure next. :)

xoxo
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts or questions!